Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What is a good website to file both my state and federal taxes for free?

Question by Hummingbird: What is a good website to file both my state and federal taxes for free?
I have found some websites but one mentioned a fee for filing them online. I also found taxact.com and was curious if anyone had used it, how well you liked it, and if they charged you a fee. Also, I have never filed my taxes without using H&R block and wanted to know if it was very hard to do on your own. Thank you.

Best answer:

Answer by MAMA DON’T TAKE NO MESS
you can file for free on any of those websites by going through irs.gov website first.go to irs.gov,look on the left side of the page and you will see the words free file in blue and green letters click that and you will be able to choose what company to use from the list to file your taxes for free,then you will be directed to their website by clicking the link.

you can try your state department of revenue website to see if it allows you to file your state return for free on there(most states do)

Add your own answer in the comments!


What is a good website to file both my state and federal taxes for free?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment