Sunday, February 24, 2013

Can I write off the cost of a Tax seminar?

Question by D: Can I write off the cost of a Tax seminar?
I want to take a seminar to learn how to properly do my taxes. It costs $ 1,000, and includes books, cds and in-class training. I’m not running a business – yet. Can I write this cost off? Perhaps as a tax expense or something else? I live in California and I’m in the 28% bracket.

Best answer:

Answer by Mark
2 possible ways.

Will you start a business? This could be classified as start up costs is you start a business sometime the year you incur the expense.

The other would be through schedule A

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!


Can I write off the cost of a Tax seminar?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment