Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Can MBA tuition be tax deducted for a small business software IT consulting company ?

Question by Pinal2: Can MBA tuition be tax deducted for a small business software IT consulting company ?
Hello Everyone,

I recently opened a software consulting company and I believe that having an MBA degree will help to grow my software busines. Can I deduct my MBA tuition (approx $ 45k per year for top 5 schools) as a business (S-Corp) expense? If not, are there any alternative way to expense the MBA tuition. I have seen many conflictive posting on the internet regarding this question. Please share your insights.

Regards

Best answer:

Answer by Karia
Yes. On tax form 1120S it can be included on line 7 “Compensation to Officer” if you are an officer in your company or line 18 “Employee Benifit Program” if you are an employee, not an officer.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!


Can MBA tuition be tax deducted for a small business software IT consulting company ?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment