Wednesday, February 27, 2013

How do I answer this gross adjusted income question?

Question by kT: How do I answer this gross adjusted income question?
What is someone’s gross adjusted income if they recieved $ 5,047 in “wages/salaries/tips” and $ 12,306 in unemployment benefits? Do I add the two together? I am filling out the FAFSA. But then after I say what my gross adjusted income is, they want to also know what the wages/salaries/tips are. Does that mean they add that again to my total amount of income for the year?
Thankyou both :)

Best answer:

Answer by “A”
You pull your AGI (adjusted gross income) directly from your tax return. The FAFSA tells you what line on what form.

They ask, then, for wages to see what of that AGI is “earned”. It won’t be double added.

Add your own answer in the comments!


How do I answer this gross adjusted income question?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment