Monday, March 18, 2013

How do you know the Grant Date of a Stock you sold?

Question by Jess H: How do you know the Grant Date of a Stock you sold?
We buy stocks thru my husbands company and 2006 we sold the stock, I am trying to do our taxes thru Turbo Tax and it keeps asking for the grant date of the stock. I am not sure what this means? I have always used Turbo Tax and I am now stuck because of this stock sale, I can not figure it out. I do not really want to pay someone to do my otherwise easy taxes. Thanks.
You guys are right it is a stock option. When I was using Turbo Tax it says Espp but asked for grant date and purchased date, I think that is why I am so confused. I just hope I am doing it right. Thanks everyone!

Best answer:

Answer by bostonianinmo
It sounds like it’s a stock option that he exercised. The grant date is on the stock option award paperwork that he received from his employer.

Add your own answer in the comments!


How do you know the Grant Date of a Stock you sold?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment