Saturday, March 23, 2013

What process follows after the IRS is notified they should audit someone?

Question by seamstress: What process follows after the IRS is notified they should audit someone?
The details are long, but the bottom line is we have a neighbor who is harassing the ever living daylights out of our family. This guy just does not quit. He is a self proclaimed millionaire and has bragged about how clever his hate campaigns are against his enemies that he has even driven people to commit suicide after ruining their lives. Really, he said that to me tonight. Is it true? I do not know. I do know that he is a bully and has harassed our other two neighbors so badly that they moved. Now we are his fixation and obsession in his quest to conquer. Fact of the matter is this bully is an insecure and immature coward.

At any rate, he has us in and out of court for the sole purpose to deplete our finances with lawyer fees. Now he is threatening to call the IRS to have us investigated, tax wise. This does not worry me at all because all of our tax info is in complete order. However, I have no idea how to prepare or defend myself against his threats.

My question is, how does the IRS go about following a lead after someone “tips” them off?? How long after an inquiry/complaint does the IRS follow through with such requests and do they take them all seriously? I would imagine the IRS gets hundreds of these calls a day. How do they handle such matters? I am just trying to prepare myself so I know what to expect when this idiot neighbor follows through with his threat.

And, no, I have no skeletons worth killing myself over, for sure. I live in the USA
Oh, I forgot to mention. In addition to threatening me….. My son is restoring a truck. Although this neighbor knows this is a personal project, he said he was going to tell the IRS and the Dept of Revenue Services that my son is running an illegal chop shop business. How does the IRS handle that type of call?
It is waterfront property the family has owned since 1944. We are NOT moving. Karma is a powerful thing. We are hoping he gets stuck on the train tracks in his truck.

Best answer:

Answer by Obamavenger
His tip is likely to be ignored.

Add your own answer in the comments!

If you are looking for the cheapest prices on turbotax 2012 download click the link. Turbotax is one of the easiest way to prepare your taxes whether you are preparing personal taxes or taxes for your business
What process follows after the IRS is notified they should audit someone?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment