Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Need help figuring out how to get my tax refund?

Question by alle: Need help figuring out how to get my tax refund?
Ok. I worked as a waitress in 2009 for a company called Something I wont mention so i’m not sued. I know how much I made and how much was being taken out for taxes. (19% eeekk??) They wound up having some guy embezzling from them and using my name incorrectly on pay checks to set up something called a ghost employee. I need to know how to get my money? I have no Idea where to go from here, and I could really use some help. I’m moving soon, so I’m going to need that money.

Just so nothing is misunderstood, they were and still are a great restaurant. They just had a crappy tax/ accountant guy.

Best answer:

Answer by Quick Answers
Find an enrolled agent and get them involved.

If your W-2 is including phantom income, you will need to file by mail, use form 4852, attach copies of your paystubs AND your bank statements where you deposited the income…as you will need to create a papertrail that shows your income, not this “ghost” employee’s income.

And, get used to the idea that it will be 6 months after you file before you see any refund.

Add your own answer in the comments!


Need help figuring out how to get my tax refund?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment