Friday, March 22, 2013

How do I amend my 2007 Income Tax return (Form 1040X?

Question by : How do I amend my 2007 Income Tax return (Form 1040X?
I have a problem and let’s just say that am quite out of knowledge on how to go about filling in Form 1040X from the IRS website. I need assistance here because I am so desperate like right about now.

Well, I failed to disclose my full income and federal/state/local taxes withheld for 2007. It was my very first time to file taxes and so, coming to know of the very many cases in which tax preparers trick unsuspecting tax payers out there in trying to defraud the IRS by putting in unwarranted deductions to get bigger refunds, I decided to file my taxes online by myself (I used “Intuit/Turbotax” because it’s easy to follow their instructions on filing).

Anyway, I thought that a person could file returns on every W-2 that is received from the employer and that was the grievous mistake I made. I ended up filing only once (as is the lawful case) but with only one employer in lieu of 4. Now am required by the IRS to fill in Form 1040X and it’s so confusing, I’d rather do statistics at MIT! I don’t even have a ‘hard copy’ of my 2007 return since I did it electronically and TurboTax only shows a summary of my AGI, taxes withheld and overpayment (refund) or underpayment (tax liability).

Going to Jackson Hewitt is like $ 300 (for what?) and HRBlock isn’t that cost-friendly either so I need assistance from a person who’s done an amendment before to hastily come to my aid or else the IRS will start to “breathe down my neck” and who wants that for the love of life?

Help!

- Andrew -

Best answer:

Answer by Jss
You can download Form 1040X from www.irs.gov. It can not be efiled. You must send paper return.
Read http://taxipay.blogspot.com/2008/04/list-of-articles.html

Give your answer to this question below!


How do I amend my 2007 Income Tax return (Form 1040X?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment