Friday, March 22, 2013

Q&A: W-2 Question....?

Question by peanutstarshine: W-2 Question….?
Hi. :)

I like to get our taxes filed early, and so last night I started our taxes, and I noticed that my husbands W-2 seems odd to me.

His Wages and Tips box lists one amount, and then his Social Security Wages and Medicare wages list an amount $ 1000 more than the first box. He works as a Teachers Assistant in NC Public Schools.

Any idea why this would be like that?? Is there a reason or is it an error???

Any help would be super!! Thanks! :)

Best answer:

Answer by just me
He has to pay social security and medicare on some of his income that was tax exempt. Did he pay into a retirement, IRA or some other type of plan that would be paid with pretax money?

Add your own answer in the comments!

If you are looking for the cheapest prices on 2012 turbotax download click the link. Turbotax is one of the easiest way to prepare your taxes whether you are preparing personal taxes or taxes for your business
Q&A: W-2 Question....?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment