Thursday, March 28, 2013

Tax I have a 10 rental properties, I sold one in 2006. Is the profit I made capital gain?

Question by vahiker_2000: Tax I have a 10 rental properties, I sold one in 2006. Is the profit I made capital gain?
The properties are owned by an LLC and income is reported on 1065. I have been depreciating the property, and have a $ 30,00 gain over the adjusted basis. If this is capital gain, how do I show this on the 1065 and schedule K.. Ihave used turbo tax and they have put this as ordinary gain.

Best answer:

Answer by spicertax
The portion of the gain attributable to depreciation is called Section 1250 gain taxed at a maximum rate of 25%. It could be that all of your gain is Section 1250 gain depending upon depreciation claimed. If not the remaining gain due to appreciation is long term gain taxed at 15%.

What do you think? Answer below!


Tax I have a 10 rental properties, I sold one in 2006. Is the profit I made capital gain?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment