Friday, March 1, 2013

Can I void/cancel my e-filed tax return 1040 somehow?

Question by Sebastian: Can I void/cancel my e-filed tax return 1040 somehow?
Hello I am a non-resident and I used this software “TurboTax” to do my taxes, but this so special software, did not even say that you should not use this software if you are a non-resident, cause they don’t offer this forms. So I filed my taxes with this software.

The problem is I am a non-resident and I should file 1040NR instead of 1040, so I want to know how can I void my tax return somehow? My NR tax return would be way less than with the normal 1040, so I just want to cancel also the financial transaction, just to cancel the whole process.

Any ideas?

Best answer:

Answer by rtfm
Too late to cancel if it’s already been accepted by the IRS. You’ll have to wait until the first return is processed, and then file a revised return.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!


Can I void/cancel my e-filed tax return 1040 somehow?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment