Sunday, March 10, 2013

can i claim these other taxes i paid from my paycheck?

Question by JoeSniper: can i claim these other taxes i paid from my paycheck?
i pay “occupational privilage tax” and “unemployment tax” as well as “medicare tax” all of which are deducted from my paychecks… can I claim these taxes paid when doing my tax return (i use TurboTax)?
Occupational tax and Unemployement tax do NOT show up on my W2. I added them in the “Tax Deduction Worksheet” in TurboTax under 4e “other taxes” and it DOES change my Refund… is this legal?

Best answer:

Answer by v b
The occupational tax can in theory show up on your schedule A, but unless your total for that section on the schedule A is more than 2% of your AGI, it won’t do you any good.

The other taxes won’t help a bit.

Since these are on your W-2 and you are using Turbo, let Turbo do it’s job–it will use anything it can find on the W-2 to lower your tax.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

If you are looking for the cheapest prices on turbotax business 2012 download click the link. Turbotax is one of the easiest way to prepare your taxes whether you are preparing personal taxes or taxes for your business
can i claim these other taxes i paid from my paycheck?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment