Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Why I have to pay $2000 and $973 for SS and Medicare?

Question by wright_0048: Why I have to pay 00 and 3 for SS and Medicare?
For 2 years I have been an independent contractor and get 1099-Misc forms from the company. Last year I entered the amount on the “other income” line and paid a couple of hundred dollars in taxes.
This year, I used the same software -Taxact – and there was no “other income” question. The software had a “are you a business” question and I went through the questions and have to pay $ 2000 in taxes and $ 973 in SS and medicare taxes.
Did the IRS change their policy? On the 1040 form there is a line for “other income”. Should I just scrap Tax act and do the taxes manually and add the $ 7000 income on “other income” line?

Best answer:

Answer by paulywog
You will be grateful when you pay for ss.Because if you get hurt someday and can`t work it will be there for you.Never say never.Sorry I can`t answer your tax question.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

If you are looking for the cheapest prices on turbotax business 2012 download click the link. Turbotax is one of the easiest way to prepare your taxes whether you are preparing personal taxes or taxes for your business
Why I have to pay $2000 and $973 for SS and Medicare?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment