Tuesday, March 5, 2013

What IRS forms do i need to fill out to dispute towards my children mother for using my qualifying child?

Question by express0072: What IRS forms do i need to fill out to dispute towards my children mother for using my qualifying child?
I currently have joint physical/ legal custody over my twin son’s. The mother is eligible to claim one son, while I’m able to claim the other one at the end of each year. Saturday, I decide to fill my 2008 tax return through “Turbo Tax”. Sunday, I received an e-mail stating “you can not use the same social security number twice in an tax return or a qualifying child is not able to be use twice in a tax return.”

Best answer:

Answer by Ryan M
You need to go to the courts and get it straightened out. The IRS is not in the business of making sure that broken families play nice with each other, nor will they take the time to figure out which one of you is right. As far as the IRS is concerned, the first one to file is correct.

What do you think? Answer below!


What IRS forms do i need to fill out to dispute towards my children mother for using my qualifying child?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment