Friday, March 15, 2013

Tax question what should I do? Got my taxes done today my preparer messed them up, but wont fix them.?

Question by me: Tax question what should I do? Got my taxes done today my preparer messed them up, but wont fix them.?
My tax preparer messed up my taxes but refuses to admit his mistake and amend my taxes even though I have repeatedly referred him to the IRS webiste proving he did them wrong. If he wont amend them for free I have to go to someone else and pay to have them done again. I just paid $ 150 to him and he did it incorrectly now Im going to be spending another $ 150 for someone else to do it. what happened was I recieve pell grants toward my education. He thought they were taxable and taxed me for all 4000 of the grants. Pell grants are not taxable. The only amount taxable is the amount refunded to you which for me was about $ 800 so I was taxed on over 4000 but shouldve been taxed on 800. On top of that he gave me the hope education credit which I am not eligible for because of the fact that I had non taxable grants which went towards my tuition. So now my taxes are incorrect and I do not want to get in trouble with the IRS. what would you do?
My 1098T states me qulaified tution and related expenses paid to school are around 3800 and my scholarships and grants recieved are 4700. My tax prep says he put the numbers in his tax software and it came out as the 4700 is taxable and his taxware couldnt be wrong according to him. Im so frusturated.

Best answer:

Answer by colklink88
Tell him you are reporting him to the better business bureau or the local newspaper.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!


Tax question what should I do? Got my taxes done today my preparer messed them up, but wont fix them.?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment