Saturday, March 2, 2013

Q&A: How can I get social security credits if my employer only withheld federal taxes? Can the employer do that?

Question by nanush: How can I get social security credits if my employer only withheld federal taxes? Can the employer do that?
I was not an independent contractor and the employer sent me a W-2. If the answer is yes (the employer CAN do that), how do I remedy this with social security? i.e. how can I get social security and medicare credits for my earnings? Thanks.

Best answer:

Answer by batwanda
What makes you think they did not hold out SS? Was FICA held out? Ok so they didn’t hold it out. Call the local job service and ask them who you should speak to. YOu might be require to pay it, but I think the former company will have a fine for it.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!


Q&A: How can I get social security credits if my employer only withheld federal taxes? Can the employer do that?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment