Thursday, March 14, 2013

Q&A: $1500 tax credit for starting IRA?

Question by NayNay00: 00 tax credit for starting IRA?
I’ve already filed my 2010 taxes. But I logged into Mint.com yesterday, and in the margin it gave me a “tip” on how I can get a $ 1500 tax credit for starting an IRA no later than April 15, 2011. Is this true?? And how do I take advantage of it? Does it apply to everyone? I don’t have a retirement account, but I am asking on behalf of myself and my boyfriend who has a 401k.

I can’t seem to find ANYTHING about this online….and you’d think if the gov’t were handing out $ 1500 for starting an IRA, everyone would be getting one!

Thank you!

Best answer:

Answer by Hoa N
Yes, you have to put in 1500$ in the IRA or Roth IRA to get 1500$ tax credit if you are single filer and your income must be 27,750$ or LESS.

for Head of household, the amount must be 41625.00$ or less.

For married file jointly, 55,500.00$ .

Add your own answer in the comments!

If you are looking for the cheapest prices on turbotax home and business 2012 download click the link. Turbotax is one of the easiest way to prepare your taxes whether you are preparing personal taxes or taxes for your business
Q&A: $1500 tax credit for starting IRA?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment