Thursday, March 7, 2013

IRS Refunds in process for 1/31/2012 still?

Question by Cyndi: IRS Refunds in process for 1/31/2012 still?
Im sure I am in the same boat as many of you. I did my taxes through Turbo Tax and transmitted on 1/17/2012. As of today my WMR reads still ” In process and you should expect your refund by 1/31/2012″ this has not changed or altered at all since the day it was accepted and it was accepted immediately so I do not get why it doesnt give me a direct deposit date nor any other information. I did not do a complicated form it was the normal 1040A. Just curious, I did call the hotline the other day and the lady was nice but not very helpful she just said that she showed it still in process for the 31st but that the WMR are estimated dates and it can take up to 3 weeks. Well its already going on 2 weeks we are coming down to the wire on week 3 shortly and no change in my status. Anyone got any input on what they have found out. I tried to call today but they are closed so here I sit still waiting on some kind of answer. Trying to stay positive when we all Im sure have bills coming out our you know whats to pay is hard. Any input is appreciated.
Just a tid bit to this after reading some responses. Rick- first off I dont pay my bills on a once a year windfall I pay my bills on a regular basis based on my finances and I am a single mom of two kids who lost her job at one point and just recently went back to work so I find it rather rude to assume anyones position. I know I am not alone and many other people are in the same boat I am and have bills to pay, some people are even homeless so I feel there was no need to be so negative to a simple question about other peoples experience.

Best answer:

Answer by Tricia
My WMR still says 1/31/2012 as of this morning also. But I called the IRS yesterday he gave me a DD date of 2/1 is when my refund will be deposited. He said the WMR doesn’t always update on a timely basis. He also mentioned that anyone that still has the 1/31/2012 date on the WMR should get their refund by 2/3/2012. If there are problems with the return the WMR date “should” have been updated.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!


IRS Refunds in process for 1/31/2012 still?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment