Tuesday, March 12, 2013

How do I file taxes for my deceased mother?

Question by picknewname: How do I file taxes for my deceased mother?
She died 12/11/06. Income was from Social Security, retirement, and an annuity. I did her taxes online for her for the last few years and she always got a refund (about $ 2000). Would like to file taxes and add the refund to her estate – is that allowable? Do I just file electronically as in the past?

Best answer:

Answer by Judy
Sorry for your loss.

The return is pretty much like other years, but will be marked as “final return”. Most software has a place to enter the date of death, and will take care of the marking of it. There shouldn’t be a problem filing it electronically, and the refund should still be issued.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!


How do I file taxes for my deceased mother?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment