Friday, March 1, 2013

How do I amend my return if I filed the wrong form?

Question by newcarshopper: How do I amend my return if I filed the wrong form?
I breezed through TurboTax and filed using a 1040EZ, and totally forgot about my student loan interest (should’ve used form 1040A). I know I have to file a 1040X to amend my return, but I’m a little lost as to how to go about doing this, what additional forms I need to complete and include, etc…

Best answer:

Answer by chatsplas@sbcglobal.net
Pretty simple. Download the 1040X, and instructions, read them. Print out return you filed. Prepare amendment and send paper return to IRS.

You can probably use turbo tax to prepare your amendment, and they may have the info in there to populate new return.

Give your answer to this question below!

If you are looking for the cheapest prices on turbotax premier download click the link. Turbotax is one of the easiest way to prepare your taxes whether you are preparing personal taxes or taxes for your business
How do I amend my return if I filed the wrong form?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment