Saturday, March 9, 2013

Form 1099-MISC box 7 question?

Question by Ashley Dawn: Form 1099-MISC box 7 question?
I worked for a company for a two week trial period in 2007, and at the end of the trial period they did not offer me the job. They paid me $ 461.52 for the work I did and did not withhold any income tax. However, instead of sending me a W-2, they sent me a 1099-MISC form, with $ 461.52 entered in box 7 (Nonemployee compensation). Does anyone know where on form 1040, or on which Schedule, I should report this income? Should they even have sent me form 1099-MISC, because I thought that they are only meant to report payments of $ 600 or more in box 7?

Best answer:

Answer by zornundox
They didn’t have to file one but they did. This still doesn’t relieve you of your obligation to report the money as income. You would report it in Schedule C and claim any expenses that you are allowed.

Give your answer to this question below!


Form 1099-MISC box 7 question?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment