Sunday, March 17, 2013

Closed my single member LLC when I filed my 08 taxes. Can I reopen in the future and still use the same tax ID?

Question by Jason C: Closed my single member LLC when I filed my 08 taxes. Can I reopen in the future and still use the same tax ID?
The business was a single member LLC taxed as a sole proprietorship. I was the owner, operator, and had no employees. Do to financial hardship I closed the business 12/31/2008. When I prepared my taxes in turbo tax I clicked on “closed business”. When I printed out my tax return I did not see any worksheets in indicating that I closed the business.. I did not file any paperwork with the secertary of state to dissolve the LLC. My question is since I was a non-regarded entity in the eyes of the IRS,, and since I did not dissolve the LLC with the state of MO, can I still use my original tax ID if I reopen my business. Note: I owned a residential painting co…

Best answer:

Answer by Alex36
Yes. You can still use your tax id for that LLC since you have not dissolved it, assuming you are current with any annual state fees, if they are applicable. If you have not been paying the annual state filing fee, you should check to see if your LLC is still in good standing in MO.

As you indicate, your LLC was a disregarded entity for tax purposes, so the IRS should not prevent you from using that same tax id for a schedule C attached to your tax return in the future.

Give your answer to this question below!


Closed my single member LLC when I filed my 08 taxes. Can I reopen in the future and still use the same tax ID?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment