Thursday, March 14, 2013

Am I getting taxed too much? Shady business?

Question by andy c: Am I getting taxed too much? Shady business?
I work at a small restaurant. The regular pay without taxes came out to $ 368. Taxes came out to $ 105 and I received only $ 263. I am single and independent. Does this sound right to anyone? Thanks.

Break down:

Federal Income Tax: 39
Social Security: 43
Medicare: 10
CA Income Tax: 6.50
CA State Disability Ins: 7.50

Best answer:

Answer by StephenWeinstein
If you work in a restaurant, then you are taxed on pay plus the greater of actual or “allocated tips”. Those tax numbers are right for a gross total of approximately $ 690, so they are calculating it based on approximately $ 320 in tips.

Give your answer to this question below!


Am I getting taxed too much? Shady business?

Want to buy TurboTax? Check out http://turbotax2012download.net

No comments:

Post a Comment